Saturday, November 5, 2011

Tomorrow is the big day!

The day is just about here! In about a half hour, my friend Melissa is going to be here and we're gonna start our way up to Conroe. Its only an hour and 15 min drive, but doing that drive tomorrow morning when transition opens at 5:30, means I'd have to get up around 3:30 am.  No thanks.  So Melissa and I are staying the night near the race venue.  Melissa, my tri training buddy from the very beginning, is awesome enough to stay with me the night before and she'll be driving me home tomorrow after the race.

I've been thinking alot about how I feel...and I feel good.  Getting a little nervous, but it really hasn't sunk in yet. Maybe it will when I pick up my packet today and see all the other triathletes. My transition bag is filled to the brim, with everything I'll need and more.  Of course, I'll take everything out at the hotel and repack it with the stuff I'll actually use for the race, but the planner in me is being overly conservative.

This morning I did my final swim, bike and run.  It was a short workout, enough to get my muscles loose and relaxed.  I had a massage yesterday, although it was about 80% stretching and 20% massage.  Which was fine by me!  Hamstring feels great.  I think I'm ready. 

One last piece of motivation:

No comments:

Post a Comment